Tutorials For Dish Network Systems
Only if school was this easy.
Learn how to navigate through the world of your Dish Network system with instructional tools to get the most out your TV watching experience. You’ll find Dish Network 101 is a breeze with the help of our How-Tos and Tutorials. Get started and go right to the head of the class.
If you experience problems with your system please try these simple troubleshooting tips.
If you are still experiencing issues with your system please call Dish at 1-800-333-DISH.
Try Rebooting Receiver
– Unplug power cord, or press reset button. Make Sure Remote is in Satellite Mode
– Press SAT button for a two count before using remote.
Mode Buttons Not Lighting?
– Press SAT button. If still not lighting, check, or replace with new batteries.
Problems Changing Channels?
– Make sure remote is in SAT Mode. Press SAT button.
See a Blue, Black or Snowy Picture?
– Is TV on correct channel/input? The correct channel/input can usually be found on quick reference guide or on back of remote.
– Make sure guide is on “My Channels”.
No Information in Program Guide?
– Unplug power cord, or press reset button.
Are Tv1 & Tv2 on Same Channel?
– Make sure receiver is in Dual Mode.
Severe weather, heavy snow or rain may cause temporary signal loss. If this happens please wait for severe weather to pass. Check dish for snow and clear away snow buildup.